A Roundtable Discussion was held on 18 April 2008 at the Activity Rooms 1 and 2 of OnePeople.Sg.
It focused on four topics:
- Accessible Tourism
- DPA’s appeal for the full waiver of the Foreign Domestic Worker Levy.
It had a good turn out as there were a total of 27 people who came including the 3 DPA staff and 3 board members. Disability organisations which sent their representatives and also members from the academe and the media were as follows:
- Adventist Rehab Centre
- Disability Information and Referral Centre
- Down Syndrome Association (Singapore)
- Handicaps Welfare Association
- Institute of Mental Health
- Singapore School for the Deaf
- Spastic Children’s Association of Singapore
- St. Andrew’s Autism Centre
- SUN-DAC Centre for the Disabled
- Mountbatten Vocational School (Management Committee)
- National University of Singapore (Education)
- National Institute of Education
- MediaCorp Radio 938 Live
- Straits Times
The Straits Times focused more on the presentation on DPA’s campaign for the full waiver of the Foreign Domestic Worker Levy while MediaCorp covered the event and interviewed some of the speakers, i.e. Mr Levan Lim and Ms Thana Thaver.