Disability Awareness Training Series
DISABILITY AWARENESS TRAINING SERIES (DATS)
Since 2015, DPA and Inclusion Ambassadors have offered talks, workshops, inclusive customer service training, sharing sessions and experiential activities to corporates, educational and religious institutions and government bodies as part of our Disability Awareness Training Series (DATS).
What DPA Inclusion Ambassadors Do
Video about DPA and what DPA does
Events and Workshops by DPA
Video about events and workshops that DPA runs
Who is DATS for?
- Educational Institutions
- Government agencies
- Social service agencies
- Social enterprises
- Volunteer groups
What are the objectives of the DATS?
- Satisfy the growing demand for disability inclusion training, talks and workshops with authentic sharing from people with different types of disabilities.
- Promote the idea that persons with disabilities should always be part of dialogues about disability.
- Provide meaningful opportunities for persons without disabilities to build confidence in interacting with persons with disabilities.
- Develop better awareness about different types of disabilities as well as the diversity of abilities, needs and concerns of persons with disabilities.
- Get the tools to be able to raise awareness about disability inclusion in one’s daily work, school or home life.
What services does DATS offer?
- Basic DATS range from 50-minute lunchtime talks to 2-hour workshops. These informative sessions end with a Q&A segment.
- E–DATS (Experiential DATS) is designed to promote a deeper awareness and understanding between persons with and without disabilities. Inclusion Ambassadors will guide participants through problem solving exercises, accessibility themed games and trying out assistive devices at disability specific booths. We offer three E-DATS booths for this service, but DPA can customise the offering to suit your needs.
- Conversational Series: An informal and interactive dialogue between participants and Inclusion Ambassadors.
- DPA’s Interaction Programme (DIP) is designed to meet the needs of customers who would like to get more in-depth feedback about their products, services or policies or conduct research with our Inclusion Ambassadors.
Note: We offer both physical and virtual DATS sessions using Zoom. We conduct our physical sessions at accessible venues. To find more about this service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
DPA has conducted DATS sessions for over 8,000 individuals in Singapore; the largest session was for Bowen Secondary School on 19 March 2018 with over 1,000 participants. Some of the clients of DATS include:
- BNP Paribas
- Eaton Industries Pte. Ltd.
- HWA Chong International School
- McDonalds (Singapore)
- National Library Board (NLB)
- National Council of Social Services (NCSS)
- National University of Singapore (NUS)
- National Technological University (NTU)
- NTUC LearningHub Pte Ltd.
- Prudential Assurance company
- RUN NUS
- SBS Transit
- Singapore Management University (SMU)
- Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS)
- Tote Board
- Yale NUS